Which are The Queen’s favourite TV ads?Reported by PRWeb on Friday, 1 June 2012 (on June 1, 2012)
The DRTV Centre has selected the 60 best ever UK TV ads to celebrate The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee; which does Her Majesty like best?
London (PRWEB UK) 1 June 2012
To celebrate the diamond jubilee of The Queen’s glorious reign, The DRTV Centre has looked back to the very beginning of commercial TV in the UK. The first ad to be transmitted was for Gibbs SR Toothpaste, on 22 September 1955 – 3 years after The Queen ascended to the throne!
Apparently the Queen watches TV daily – a bit like the rest of us. It’s rumoured that in the 70s she was a Kojak fan and more recently has watched X Factor - but which TV commercials has she enjoyed? Maybe this list, chosen by The DRTV Centre’s David Pearson, will jog her memory. Looking forward to hearing from you, Your Majesty!
1. R. Whites Lemonade Secret Lemonade Drinker
2. Hamlet Cigars Golfer
3. Sony Bravia Balls
4. Barclaycard Alan Whicker
5. Citroen C4 Transformer
6. Sussex Safer Roads Embrace Life
7. John West Salmon Bear Fight
8. Walkers Crisps Gazza
9. Shell You can be sure of Shell
10. Nescafe Gold Blend The Kiss
11. 118 118 Directory The Number
12. Yellow Pages J R Hartley
13. Heineken Majorca
14. BT Ology
15. Toblerone Triangular Honey from Triangular Bees
16. Electric Central Heating Creature Comforts
17. PG Tips Mr Shifter
18. Cadbury’s Chocolate Eyebrows
19. Brut Henry Cooper
20. Fiat Hand Built by Robots
21. John Smith’s Bitter Chas and Dave
22. Heinz Beans A Million Housewives Every Day
23. Honda The Cog
24. Levis Laundrette
25. Impulse Close Encounter
26. Blackcurrant Tango St. George
27. Hovis Go On, Lad
28. Pepsi Cola Lipsmackin’
29. Sure Deodorant Stunt City
30. Qualcast Concord Less Bovver Than a Hover
31. Smarties WotalotIgot!
32. Yellow Pages Let Your Fingers Do The Walking
33. Castlemaine XXXX Man Ditches Wife
34. Smash Martian Mum
35. Cadbury’s Chocolate Gorilla
36. Woolworths Wonder of Woolies
37. Renault Clio Nicole et Papa
38. Campari Luton Airport
39. CompareTheMarket.com Meerkat
40. Maxell Ears Are Alight
41. Eggs Go To Work On An Egg
42. Boddingtons Cream of Manchester
43. Halifax Xtra
44. Milk Gotta Lotta Bottle
45. Coca Cola World Choir
46. Guinness Evolution
47. Scotch Video Tapes Skeleton
48. Hamlet Cigars Photo Booth
49. Remington Razors Victor Kiam
50. British Airways Face
51. Real Coal Fires Dog, Cat, Mouse
52. Sugar Puffs Honey Monster
53. John Smith’s Bitter Peter Kay Bombing
54. Hofmeister Follow The Bear
55. Schweppes Schhhh – You Know Who
56. T-Mobile Dance
57. Energy Helpine My Mummy Says
58. Cinzano Bianco Leonard Rossiter
59. Carling Black Label Dambusters
60. Guinness Surfers
David Pearson of The DRTV Centre says "It's hard to imagine how the UK would have developed without Her Majesty; it's equally difficult to picture how different life would be without TV advertising".
Â· The DRTV Centre was established in London in 1997.
Â· It is the first and only advertising agency in the UK to concentrate solely on DRTV.
Â· The DRTV Centre provides everything clients need to mount successful DRTV campaigns: strate-gies, idea creation, scriptwriting, storyboards, research, casting, location search, film/video produc-tion, music, voice-overs, transmission copies, channel selection, TV airtime booking, call centre se-lection and response analysis.
For further information, visit http://www.drtvcentre.com or call David Pearson at The DRTV Centre on 0800 635 9000 or email david(at)drtvcentre(dot)com .
Links: Full news story
|Recent related news|
|No similar news headlines found.|